Smoked Tofu Vegetarian Pasta


I love Pastas and Pizzas. In my days of learning to cook Pasta, I used to do it the Indian style. It was only recently I learned to make the perfect pasta in white sauce, the recipe will soon be updates. This was the indianized version I made on my birthday in 2010, and was a huge hit among my friends.
How to cook Smoked Tofu Vegetarian Pasta...
You will need:
100g Smoked Tofu or normal paneer (sliced into chunks)
1/2 cup button Mushrooms sliced
1/2 cup boiled corn
1 Big Onion (sliced)
1 Tomato (peeled & diced)
1 Garlic Clove (crushed)
Few drops Lemon Juice
Oil
Salt & Pepper
Fresh Coriander Leaves chopped
Parmesan Cheese (or dairy free alternative)
1 cup Penne Pasta
You Do:
Boil the pasta with a lil salt and oil, drain and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan. Saute’ onions, mushrooms and garlic till onions become translucent and mushrooms are tender. Add the tomatoes and cook till tender. Add in the corn and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste and the lemon juice.
Fry the tofu pieces till brown and keep aside.
In a big bowl, mix together the pasta, mushrooms and corn mixture, tofu, coriander and grated Parmesan cheese. Check seasoning. And serve.

Comments