Steamed Fish

Steamed Fish
I have always loved fish. And I have this particular green marinade for the fish which used to be my favorite. I always wanted to try steaming fish. So today instead of frying the fish, I steamed it. And voila! It was Yummmm!


This is what you need:

4-5 fish fillets
Banana leaves or Aluminum foil.




For the 1st marinade:

Lemon juice
Salt

For the 2nd marinade:

2 tbsp Coconut
3-4 Green chillies
4-5 Garlic pods
1 inch Ginger
Few Mint leaves
Few Coriander leaves
1 tbsp Cumin powder
1 tbsp Chilly powder
1 tbsp Garam masala
1 tbsp Mustard powder
Salt

This is what you do:


  • Clean the fish fillets and marinate it with lemon juice and salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
  • Grind all the ingredients in the second marinade to a paste.
  • Apply this marinade to the fish and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
  • Heat the steamer
  • Wrap the fish in banana leaves. This gives an added flavor, as it was not available with me, I just wrapped it in aluminum foil.
  • Steam the wrapped fish for 15 minutes.
  • Serve with rice.




Comments